Thursday, April 14, 2011

As a photographer, myself, I always appreciate the work of other photographers. Here is one that you have to meet.


Here is our interview with the photographer, Jessica -

Briefly describe your photography?

I am most drawn to extremes with light and color. I want to tell a story with my photography. I am always trying to capture a moment in my life that I want to remember, not just for the image that is taken but for where my life was at that time, what i was experiencing, how I was developing, and in which direction my life was headed.

What do you enjoy photographing the most?
I really like photograph architecture. I would say that I am most drawn to that because I like the lines. I am also very interested in Urban life right now. City scenes, spray paint...stuff like that.

How long have you been an artist?

Since I can remember. I always knew I was an artist. I really wanted to be a painter or a sketcher when I was little because that is what my grandma and dad are good at, but I am terrible. It wasn't until later that I discovered my eye for photography.

How did you get started?

The first time I ever thought about selling my photography was about 4 years ago while I was living in France. My husband and I were taking a day trip. We were in the car, driving through the french country side, right before a storm. The sky was this amazing mix of purple, grey, black and yellow and the silhouettes of the trees against the sky were beautiful. I really wanted to get a picture of it but my camera was dead. I somehow managed to get my camera to turn on for long enough to snap one picture. For some reason that picture is what made me want to share my work with other. It's funny because I don't think that is even the best photo I've ever taken just the most inspirational. (You can find that picture on my Etsy shop, titled "A Tree in the Storm")

Where does the name of your shop come from?

I lived in Paris for a couple of years. Le Metro Ligne 6 was the closest line to our apartment there. I have so many fond memories of my life there that I thought it would be appropriate to incorporate my shop name into that experience.

What would you most want people to know about your work?

That I really love what I do!

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Love what you do!

---------------------

You have to come and see this nice work. Visit this shop and then come back and leave a comment.

No comments: