Thursday, August 26, 2010

FEATURED ARTIST

This artist is a jeweler - Come and meet:



Here is our interview with the artist, Cindy -

Briefly describe what you make?

I make handcrafted sterling silver jewelry. My pieces incorporate real gemstones, freshwater pearls, and swarovski crystals. I make earrings, bracelets/anklets, watches, necklaces & pendants, and rings, and focus primarily on colors and styles that remind me of nature and the beauty of creation that we find all around us. There are so many colors

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I work exclusively with sterling silver for metals, and hopefully someday soon fine silver. I've even started to use Argentium sterling silver which is supposed to be letter allergenic or tarnish-prone. I love real gemstones. They are so beautiful, and each one is so different. They are all unique, and I think that adds to the charm of my jewelry.

How long have you been creating jewelry?

I have only been making jewelry for about a year, but have loved being creative all my life. I play the piano as well, and also have a marketing business, and I love that each day is different.

How did you get started?

I actually started sort of on a whim. I had created a bracelet and watched someone make earrings, and then decided I wanted to try as well. It took me a little bit to learn what my style of jewelry was, but I now have learned that I love to great feminine and dainty pieces of jewelry that is classic and timeless from high quality materials. I believe everyone wants to have affordable jewelry that is beautiful designed and made from top quality materials.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

ck is my initials, and I work with silver. I was looking at all different kinds of shop names, and when I thought of cksilver, it all came together and made sense. I knew it was meant to be!

What would you most want people to know about your work?

I believe in top quality custom service. That starts with the products I work with, my quality of work, and includes how I treat my customers before, during, and after their purchase. All my products are guaranteed, and come in a silver cotton-filled gift box. I work hard to keep my 100% satisfied customer rating, and want each and every person to know they are valued.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

It takes a lot of work to promote and sell your work. Be prepared to do the hard work yourself or hire someone else to do it. People won't know about your work unless you tell them! I thought just because I was on Etsy people would find me.

--------------------------------------

Great interview! Nice work. Come see Cindy's Shop! Then come back here and leave a comment.

No comments: