Sunday, June 24, 2007

Featured Artist of the Week

This week's featured artist is a jeweler. Her shop is called dandelionblu.


Here is our interview with the artist and owner of the on-line shop.

Describe what you make?
Jewelry- I like to use vintage Lucite for color, and lots of different metals. I just got into enameling so check back for some new enameled work!

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?
Metal!

How long have you been creating craft?
I have always made things, be it painted seashells I sold on the side of the road as a kid, to photographs, to jewelry.

How did you get started?
I started making beaded jewelry a couple of years ago to give as gifts. Then started taking metal smithing classes last year after getting thoroughly burnt out by my event photography business.

Where does the name of your shop come from?
I like how it sounds and the words look together. My husband came up with the graphic. There is a double visual meaning to "blu" in the graphic.

What would you most want people to know about your work?
That it is ever changing, I love to explore new materials, and ways of designing. I am interested in how things hang and often try to work with asymmetrical designs.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?
Don't get discouraged or stop making- and you are brave for putting yourself out there!

Visit this shop. You will find some great jewelry there. And while you are there come and see the new additions that we have added at

No comments: