Sunday, June 10, 2007

Featured Artist of the Week





This week's featured artist of the week is Dragonfly Gems. Here is our interview with the artist, Sharleen:

Describe what you make -
Mostly one of a kind hand made jewelry.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?
Sterling silver and semi precious stones. I have been branching out into Gold filled lately.

How long have you been creating craft?
Since High School

How did you get started?
I took a Jewelry and Metal smithing class in high school.

Where does the name of your shop come from?
I love dragonflies and I use beautiful gems so it just seemed to go together.

What would you most want people to know about your work?
That I do mostly one of a kind items and I try to make each piece unique and interesting so that someone feels glad to own it or to have given it as a gift.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?
Hang in there and continue to create away!

_______________
Well, direct and to the point! The work is beautiful. Take a look at the shop!

And while you are there come on over to









No comments: