Sunday, October 12, 2008

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER

We continue with our Photographers of Etsy features with



Here is our interview with Celticcat!

Briefly describe what you make?

I'm a travel photographer. Then at other times I think of myself as a architechural
photographer. I love being able to travel around and take photographs of all the
interesting things in the world. Photography is a passion of mine.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I love taking the photographs, then the fun begins taking a look at them in Lightroon
or Photoshop. Each photos is different so it takes different steps for each one before
I print it.

How long have you been a photographer?

I have been a photographer for 20 years, my husband joined me a few years ago.

How did you get started?

I got started taking family photos at the holidays and weddings. Later a friend
remarked that I should matte and display my photos for sale. I did a very small
show, and have been doing art and craft shows ever since.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

Celticcat comes from my 3 cats: Finn McCool, Osisin, and Oscar. The names come from
Irsh Mythology. I am big on all things Irish and Celtic.

What would you most want people to know about your work?

My work is hand crafted, I do all the set ups, enhancements, all my mattes are hand
cut. I give a beautiful photograph at reasonable prices.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

I get asked this question 3 or 4 times at each craft show, "How can I do this?" and
"How many photos do I need to get started?" I try to get people to understand that
this is a craft, but it is also a business. It is work to do out door shows.
Photography is one of the most saturated fields, right up there with jewelry. You
have to find your niche, do a few small school shows first, see if you like dealing
with the public, they can be cruel and thoughtless at times.
________________

Nature, scenery, wildlife are all subjects of this wonderful photographer. Please be sure to visit her shop and look - and buy - her work!

While at Etsy, please take a moment to see the photography at Past Perfect!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great article! I love her photos! :)

Allie said...

A great interveiw with one of my favorit etsy photographers. Wonderful advice, too Cathy. Thank you PastPerfect and CelticCat. :), allie

Kim Caro said...

great feature :)

bria said...

great advice :)

Anonymous said...

Thank You, PastPerfect!