Sunday, February 10, 2008

Featured Artist

Our featured artist does not paint, draw, or make jewelry. Our featured artist creates creams and lotions. And now for something completely different -




Here is our interview with the artist, Crystal -

Describe what you make?

I make cold process soaps, whipped body butters, body lotions, sugar scrubs and body sprays.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I enjoy working the most with different butters, such as Shea, Mango and Cocoa butter. I love how many products I am able to create out of these butters and the different texture and feel each one offers to my products.

How long have you been creating craft?

I've been making soap and body butters for about 3 years.

How did you get started?

I first began creating soap after my children were born about 3 years ago, I had decided to stop working and wanted a hobby that interested me. I have always been a bath and body junkie and when I started looking throught the ingredients of the products I had in my bathroom I was shocked at the ingredient list, I coudn't read most of the ingredients and had no idea what they were. So I began researching different products, basic recipes and the benefits of the more natural ingredients used in body products. After many experiments and my family and friends being my test monkeys, they finally convinced me to start offering my products for sale at local crafts shows and eventually online.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

Domaly came from my two children. My son Dominic and my daughter Alyssa.

What would you most want people to know about your work?

The products I offer in my shop are products that I love and use on myself. I want people to enjoy using my products as much as I enjoy making them.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Don't give up! Sometimes things don't always work they way they are suppose to, but the more you try and the more effort you put into your craft the better the outcome!

________________

Interesting - you can purchase Domaly's creations at her shop.

I also invite you to come to my main website and come see the different media that we work in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice!