Thursday, August 27, 2009

FEATURED ARTIST

I am going to start featuring some on-line shops again on this site. This is a site on Etsy. I would like you to meet



Here is our interview with the artist, Leslie!

Briefly describe what you make?

Illustrated greeting cards, pocket mirrors and recipe cards with friendly, happy animals and creatures.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I love Adobe Illustrator - the program I use to illustrate. I also love the 100% recycled brown bag envelopes I provide with my cards.

How long have you been creating craft?

Since October 2008.

How did you get started?

A co-worker turned me on to Etsy, and I decided I wanted to have my own shop. I'm a graphic designer, so it seemed like items with my own illustrations was a pretty good idea. I started with my beaver illustration, and many of the other animals and critters just kind of flowed from there.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

It was just a silly nickname I used for my boyfriend - not even sure where it came from. It was just one of those goofy things that stuck, and it seemed like a good name for a shop containing mostly animals!

6. What would you most want people to know about your work?
That I love it! I just really love illustrating and coming up with new ideas - it makes me feel, errr, sparkly! I think that's so important. When you love what you do, it really shows. And it also gets you through the hard times.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Find something you love, and do it! When there is passion and love behind your art, you will succeed.

__________________

Great shop and great cards. Be sure to check out the mirrors! Please do visit Leslie at her shop!

6 comments:

SparklePaw said...

thanks so much for the post - much appreciated!!

♥Jennette♥ said...

I love that octopus card!!
http://boutiquestitches.blogspot.com/

Lady Steel said...

Great shop find! Sparkle's cards are so happy they would make any one's day

Dionne said...

I love this store! Wow, I'd never seen it before!

Artsnark said...

fun interview. found you in the etsy forums :D

Anonymous said...

I love how she named her shop! lol very cute shop:)

www.akanedesigns.blogspot.com