Sunday, December 23, 2007

Featured Artist

Our featured artist makes something that is very timely with Christmas in two days and a coming need to express your thanks for all of the wonderful handmade gifts and art that you will receive. Our artist is a card maker and has a great on line shop with many thank you cards right now!


Here is our interview with the artist, Pegg -

Briefly describe what you make?

I make handmade note cards and ribbon headbands, hair clips, and flower pins. The notecards usually have some kind of rubber stamping on them. I'm mad for rubber stamps!

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I enjoy working with paper most. I just can't seem to get enough paper. I've always been in love with fabric, but you can only sew so many things and collect so much fabric. When I got turned onto rubber stamping a few years ago--I became a paper addict!

How long have you been creating craft?

I went to a stamping demonstration about 10 years ago and started very slowly making cards to send to friends and give to family members. I was instantly hooked on the rubber stamping idea.

How did you get started?

I got started selling when I moved into the neighborhood where I now live. Some of the neighborhood girls were having babies and there were baby showers for which I needed gifts. I started making baby notecards (like Thank You's, etc.) for them as gifts. With a lot of support and encouragement from my friends, I started making the cards to sell. I did a couple of craft shows to begin with about four years ago and now I pretty much sell all year long and not just baby notes. The ribbon accessories that I make and sell come from having a teenage daughter and a love of all ribbon. I dabble in making different things depending on what ribbon is in my stash. If I sell lots of ribbon things, I can buy more ribbon!!!!

Where does the name of your shop come from?

My shop name is Pegg*Macko*Designs. I was trying to think up something really catchy, but when you make more than one type of article it's kind of hard. So using my name means that pretty much no one will have the same shop name as mine. So far it works for me!

What would you most want people to know about your work?

I would like people to know that all my designs come from me. I have lots of inspiration around me (I'm holding on to this soap wrapper that came from a hotel bar of soap because I love the design on it) and I use it any way I can to make something that I like. I love bright colors.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

My only advice--start out slowly. Don't get in over your head too soon. Think things through. Rome wasn't built in a day. A successful business usually isn't either.

_______________________________

Come and visit Pegg at her shop.
You know that you are going to need some thank you cards and she has some wonderful ones!

While you are at Etsy come visit with us!


1 comment:

Cesia said...

Go Pegg!
:)

- Cesia.
cesia.etsy.com
cesiadesign.blogspot.com