Sunday, December 16, 2007

Featured Artist

This week's artist does some very different work - collage turned into many different forms including jewelry! Our featured artist is -


Here is our interview with the artist, Tammy!

Briefly describe what you make?

I create digital and mixed media collages, focusing on those used for decoration or jewelry. I have a line of digitally and/or paper collaged pendants.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I love the versatility of using both paper and digital elements in my designs. I collect vintage books and ephemera, and enjoy using those in the digital medium (I can’t stand cutting up vintage ephemera – it’s a disease, I know!) I guess I’m a pack rat at heart. With Photoshop I can cut up whatever I want, repeatedly, without guilt. 

How long have you been creating craft?

I have been creating collages for a year now, although I’ve been a scrapbooker (in the loose interpretation of the word) since High School. I used to create layouts with construction paper and markers, but I have evolved. LOL. Now I create layouts, digital scrapbooking elements, and projects for several sites/publications, combining all my loves.

How did you get started?

I started collage after discovering Claudine Hellmuth’s book “Collage Discovery”. Since then I have been hording collage ideas and information like a junkie!

Where does the name of your shop come from?

CollageObjects came about because I wanted to create a shop that could include all my various collage products – paper and digital. I hope to expand my shop to include other collage jewelry items and paper collage items soon.

What would you most want people to know about your work?

I want people to “FEEL” when they look at my work – either to laugh with me, cry with me, or smirk! I hope to illicit a reaction to my work – whatever that reaction might be.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Go with your gut. It took me a long time to realize that “collage” didn’t have to mean “dirty-looking”. My collage is very “clean” looking – and that’s “OK” with me. Don’t worry so much if people will like your work – do what YOU want to do, and people will respond to your honesty.

_______________________

Wonderful! Tammy has a shop
and a blog site!

Go right over and visit her shop! And while you are at Etsy come see the great new things that we have added to our shop!


No comments: