Sunday, December 9, 2007

Featured Artist

We are featuring a great quilter! Her name is Heather and her shop is

Here is our interview with Heather!

Briefly describe what you make?

I make baby and doll quilts and the occasional ACEO.
ACEO = Art Card Editions and Originals

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I love great fabrics! Fabrics are one of my inspirations...I see a design that strikes me and a whole quilt starts forming in my head! Some of my favorite fabric designers include Heather Ross and Amy Butler.

How long have you been creating craft?

I started quilting in 2005.

How did you get started?

My job at the time was was creating a lot of stress and taking up a lot of my time. My husband begged me to find a hobby to relieve some of the stress.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

A good friend of mine is a talented musician, among other things. She wrote a song when we were in high school in which each verse was about one of her friends. In the verse about me she called me Baby Anne. Anne is my middle name and I had started using it a lot at the time. I've always like the name Baby Anne.

What would you most want people to know about your work?

I machine-piece my quilts because it's quick. But I hand-quilt my quilts because it takes time! I love curling up on the sofa with a chick-flick on the TV and quilting! I also love the hand-touched quality hand-quilting gives my quilts. I also love the historical-quality of quilts. As an art historian, the history of quilts as a craft first attracted me. But as a quilter, the idea that what I make will become part of the personal history of a family is what keeps me quilting!

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Be passionate! People are attracted to passion and when you create what you love and love what you create, people will notice!

_____________________________

Come take a look at Heather's shop and find some great gifts for babies and children.

And, of course, while you are at Etsy come stop by and visit with us. Lot's of great things for the Holiday gift season!




No comments: