Sunday, October 21, 2007

Featured Artist of the Week

This week's artist is a photographer and graphic designer. Our featured artist this week is




Here is our interview with the artist, Christine -

Describe what you make?

I offer prints of my photography in my shop along with a bit of graphic design.

My photography is mostly black & white and infrared photos that include nature. I live in a beautiful town in Tennessee and fortunately we have a lot of gorgeous scenery. One of my favorite places to shoot is the Big South Fork National Park. I’ve also started getting into more studio-related photographs and hope to expand on that section of the shop over the next month.

My graphic design at the moment only includes pre-made logos but will soon include custom logos, pre-made shop banners & avatars, and custom shop banners and avatars.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

Photography of course! I also enjoy digital art and would love to branch out into ceramics and painting as well.

How long have you been creating craft?

I’ve been taking photos for as long as I can remember. It started with disposable cameras, cheap film cameras, and then moved into a cheap digital camera. I think I really got into it around December of 2006. This is when I purchased my first professional camera and really started focusing on learning about photography and all the equipment available.

I now have several lenses, filters, tripods, and other great goodies to help me get the best shot possible.

How did you get started?

My mother actually got me started. She’s always loved art, photography particularly. I remember when I was a child there was always a camera there to capture my every move. My mother took her camera everywhere with her.

I picked that habit up early in life and started packin’ mine to school everyday to take pictures of friends. Although, my cheap film camera wasn’t up to par with her professional camera it still gave me great pleasure when I got my prints back.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

It comes from my real first and last name put together with my craft. Christina Perdue Photography is very simply and to the point. As an artist my dream is to become well-known for my craft and I figured the easiest name to get out there would be my own. ;)

What would you most want people to know about your work?

I love it! Photography is my passion. There’s something about capturing a moment in time that you may never get to experience again that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Life is so short and changes so fast… I want to always remember everything I see and do.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

I think my favorite quote says it all... “Everyone says, "How the time flies." The days go by and they are years, and the years finally become our whole life. Each daily portion can be wasted, or it can be a pleasure, before it is gone forever.

___________________

Come see Christine's photography at her Etsy shop!


While you are at Etsy come take a look at our shop too!



No comments: