Thursday, February 24, 2011

FEATURED ARTIST

Here is another shop that sells a variety - come and meet



Here is our interview with the artist, Melissa -

Briefly describe what you make?

I make a variety of items. The shop started out with a faux flower hair clip, but has since expanded lol. I have light switch covers wich are completly customizable, ribbon hair clips, vinyl hair bows, fabric, ribbon and faux flower brooches, headbands, gift boxes-well a gift box, and some random art items.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I like all fabric. Dupani silk being my favorite, all ribbon-except organza-I can't seem to get it to cooperate lol, any and all items from cameos, photos, buttons, clocks and watches, any random tool or item i can find in the tool box as long as it goes with how im feeling that day. Sometimes a little "odd" ;) and sometimes a little not. Nothing is safe when I have my siccors and hot glue gun.

How long have you been creating craft?

Prob since I was a child, but more on a seriouse level after I had my 3rd child in November 2009. Now its what I do all day and well, all night.

How did you get started?

I didnt open my shop untill November 2010. A year after my 3rd child. I figure if by some chance I get to do what I enjoy and also stay home with my children AND make money doing it...why not? Who wouldnt want that?

Where does the name of your shop come from?

ShamelessAK was just a name I used so that I could purchase items on Etsy. My line of products are called EverMore Accessories....by ShamelessAK. EverMore was a play on Edgar Allen Poe and the Raven (my favorite).Also ive also got just one more thing to say. I'm gonna be here and everywhere EverMore. ;)

What would you most want people to know about your work?

That I absolutley love creating personalized items and I spend many hours making sure that the 1st item and every other like it, is pefect(to me). I have a ton of "mistakes" all over my home. Every item I ship out I would wear/use myself. If not I dont even put it up for sale.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Remember to have fun. Not everything has to be so seriouse all the time. If your doing what you love then keep on. You may not wear a 4 inch vinyl bow in your hair now. Ask yourself why not? lol I didnt used to, but now I do. 'Cuz I love being me and you should too!

------------------------

I like that advice - "Remember to have fun." Absolutely. Go now and take a look at Melissa's shop - then come back and leave a comment here!

No comments: