Thursday, February 17, 2011

FEATURED ARTIST

Come and take a look at this great shop. Here is



Here is our interview with the artist, Rebecca - and as you will see, like myself, Rebecca sells a nice variety in her shop!

Briefly describe what you make?

I make all sorts of items!!! I started out making a tutu for my daughter. Then it turned into blankets, and then I learned to crochet!!!!. After my sisters had their babies I started new items like stuffed animals, diaper cakes, and rose bouquets made from baby socks!!! Well from then on I was totally hooked!!!! I went crazy making bows, bow holders, clips, necklaces, leg warmers, scarves, and just about anything else I thought was cute!!!! There are also a ton of items I have in my mind that I would love to try and make, and hope to find a little spare time soon!!!

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

My favorite is crocheting, although making bows and headbands is working its way closer to the top pretty quickly!! Crocheting will always have a special place in my heart though, because it always reminds me of my grandmother who used to crochet a lot before she passed away several years ago. Even though I did not crochet at the time she was alive, I can feel her looking down and smiling every time I pick up the yarn and hook.

How long have you been creating craft?

I am actually pretty new at making crafts. Several years back I started making some necklaces for myself, but gave up on it pretty quicky because I just didnt have the time to continue doing it. It was about 8 months ago that I really got into making everything I make now.

How did you get started?

I started out making things for my daughter. Then, after I realized how much fun it was, decided to also make some things for family members. After making everything for them, and needing nothing else for my daughter, I decided to sell on etsy, because I just can't stop making things! I'd probably a very stressed out person without my crafts, because it is just so relaxing to make them now!

Where does the name of your shop come from?

I chose "this and that", because thats what I want in my shop. I want people to be able to stop by, and find a little bit of everything. I love variety, and thats what I wanted to be able to offer everyone that stops in at my shop!

What would you most want people to know about your work?

I put everything I have into making each piece of work special. I always have my customers in mind, and my main goal is to work with them, and get them exactly what they want.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Starting out is not always easy. It take a lot of time and effort. Its hard to get your name out there. I am still working on that!!!! Advertising is so important in building up a good group of customers. Don't be afraid to just out there and get started, but don't be shocked when it doesnt take off as quickly as you would like!! With hard work and persistance, you will get there :)


--------

Nice! Now head on over to this shop. Then come back here and leave a nice comment for Rebecca!

No comments: