Wednesday, July 14, 2010

FEATURED ARTIST

This is a very unusual craft - an ancient craft brought to modern application. Come and meet



Here is our interview with the artist, Jessica:

Briefly describe what you make?

I make handmail chainmaille jewelry, key chains, and lanyards.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I work with bright aluminum, anodized aluminum, enameled copper, and sterling silver.

How long have you been creating craft?

I first learned the art in August of 2009, after my doctor told me I needed a hobby.

How did you get started?

I bought a book and taught myself from that book, other books and the internet.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

Since chainmaille deals mostly in metal, i wanted to represent that with a regal association, such as the reign of a monarch.

What would you most want people to know about your work?

I am completely self-taught and despite having a medical condition that hinders my craft, I still love making jewelry!

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Dont give up. Keep experimenting and putting yourself out there. You will never go anywhere if no one can find you.

_________________________

Well, short on words but big on talent. Come see Metal Reign!

No comments: