Thursday, June 24, 2010

FEATURED ARTIST

This artist makes what is known as "fine" jewelry, come and meet



Here is our interview with the artist, Jaynemarie -

Briefly describe what you make?

I make fine handcrafted jewelry using fine gems, pearls, crystals and metals. I use different methods to make my jewelry depending on what I have and what I want to work on. I will make custom items as well, especially for weddings, proms and other special occasions. My jewelry is well made and, of course, looks much better than I can ever photograph it!

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I like combining metal, chains, gems and pearls in combination that are pretty and unexpected. I find it hard to pick a medium because every metal (gold, silver, copper, etc.) has really nice characteristics. I will usually pick some pearls and gems and then play with various metals to see what I can come up with. I find I do a lot by combining chains and gems together in unexpected ways. I just love the look of different metals as well as how different chains look and move. I also enjoy the color, texture and variety of gemstones and pearls.

How long have you been creating craft?

I started a looong time ago to make jewelry for me when I was in junior high. I wanted a necklace that I could not afford, so I figured out how to make it. It was a beaded necklace that at intervals had woven flowers. I went to a craft store and bought a box of different color seed beads and thread and from there made not only that necklace, but others for my friends.

How did you get started?

I started by beading simple necklaces and branched out into using precious gems and pearls. I went that route because I like jewelry so much and realized that I could never afford to buy what I wanted, so I had to learn how to make it myself. From there I wanted to more and so I went to school to learn more advanced techniques. Now I make jewelry for my daughters as well as for people who see my jewelry and ask for special pieces. I really enjoy creating something beautiful which is why I keep making jewelry.echniques.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

It comes from my name. It simply Jewelry made by me.

What would you most want people to know about your work?

I work very hard to make high quality jewelry using the best materials I can. My work is creative and can be personalized for your occasion and wardrobe. I love to make jewelry for weddings and other special occasions because I know that these are very important days and you want to look the best you can. I really like creating pieces that are beautiful and fun to wear. I know my work could be sold in stores (and has been), but I prefer to sell it personally so that I can make it as affordable as possible.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Make what you like. If you do not like what you are trying to sell, why should anyone else?

__________________________________

Jaynemarie's work is truly a "cut-above". If you want something of quality please visit her shop!

No comments: