Sunday, February 8, 2009

FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER

I am so happy to introduce you to another photographer who is selling her work on the Web. This is another member of the Photographers of Etsy group. Please come and meet April and her shop -



Here is our interview with April.

Briefly describe what you make?

I actually have 2 shops on Etsy, this one is dedicated to my photography and I also have a shop for beaded stuff. So I guess you could call me a beading photographer!

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I'm a digital girl! I would really like to have a dark room some day and process my own film! As far as my subjects, I'm partial to nature, especially flowers. But, I also like to find the abstract in everyday things. And, thanks to my husband I like cars!

How long have you been creating craft?

I've been taking pictures since junior high (although I would NEVER show anybody any of that!!). I only really got serious about being artistic with it towards the end of last year. I, by no means, consider myself a professional photographer. This is more of a hobby for me. It was my husband's idea to start selling my photos, so I figured I'd give it a try.

How did you get started?

Just point and shoot! I think my dad was a big influence in my interest in photography. I always remember him with the camera around his neck, especially on vacation. I was amazed at the things I learned from simply reading the instructions for my camera. I can't imagine what I could come up with if I were to take a few classes.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

My mom has called me Apple for as long as I can remember and I have recently become obsessed with the color orange. So, Apple Loves Orange! I do happen to like both fruits!

What would you most want people to know about your work?

Like I said before, I am not a professional photographer! I just hope that people like what I have to offer. I do this mostly for me as an outlet for stress, I have 2 children that like to drive me crazy!

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Do what you love and do it for you! It's mot much, but I am still so new at doing this. I'm rather like a sponge taking in any advice I can get myself!

_____________________

Come and take a look at April's photography and while you are at it, check out her other shop as well!

3 comments:

April said...

Thanks so much for the great feature!

Momma J said...

I love April's work - beautiful!

Marianne
www.crochetbymommaj.etsy.com
http://crochetbymommaj.blogspot.com/

Lilacpop said...

I too do both photography and jewelry/accessories and have 2 shops on etsy. Why limit ourselves to just one thing right? Love your photography!!
lilacpopphotography.etsy.com
lilacpop.etsy.com