Sunday, July 15, 2007

Featured Artist of the Week

This week's artist of the week is a jewelry artist with a shop with an interesting and unusual name.

Here is our interview with the artist:

Describe what you make?

I make a variety of jewelry that I sell on etsy. I have a love affair with bright color and earrings in particular. I also sell supplies in a second shop.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

I love to work with just about anything. I'm always looking for something that gives me inspiration- Colors, shapes, textures. I spend my weekends quilting, and often translate inspiration from one medium to another.

How long have you been creating craft?

Since I can remember? Both my parents are crafty in their own ways and have their own workshops/studios. I always loved playing with bits and pieces of things when I was a child and reassembling them into something else.

How did you get started?

My parents and family in general were very inspirational in beginning to make things and be proud of the things I made. My grandmother was an artist and art teacher and was always willing to look at things for me. I started looking at my craft as more than a hobby when I moved to Providence a few years ago and working at a science museum wasn't paying the bills. I started working at a fabric store, and really enjoyed working with helping other people get started and making things.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

antelucandaisy means night blooming daisy and I chose it because I am a night owl at heart. I tried to choose whoops-a-daisy as a second shop name (the name of my blog) but couldn't so I chose shooting star because I'm fascinated with stars.

What would you most want people to know about your work?

That I love it all.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

The most important things is to believe in what you do and enjoy it. I firmly believe that it shows in your work, and makes other people believe too.

_______________________

Her work is great. You must see it. Go to her shop right now! She also has a blog site that you may be interested in - http://antelucandaisy.blogspot.com

And while you are at Etsy, come by and visit with us too!








1 comment:

Sara Millis said...

Lovely feature. Thank you for sharing you finds!