Sunday, July 8, 2007

Featured Artist of the Week

Our featured artist of the week is Artangel. Artangel is a painter in the United Kingdom and does beautiful paintings.



Here is our interview with the artist, Angela.

Describe what you make.
I am an artist and the work I have on Etsy is all my original art - mostly acrylic or mixed medias paintings on canvas. I like to experiment though, and there are other artworks in my shop too; oil pastels, aceos, etc. (watch this space!)

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?
As I said I love to experiment, my favorite mediums at the moment include acrylic paints, collage (I love using found papers and bits of old artwork), colored pencils, watercolor, oil pastels.

How long have you been creating craft?
I have been painting and drawing as long as I can remember. I first sold my work at the age of 11 (on a very small scale, obviously!). I have been selling online for around a year and have been on Etsy since the end of April - it's a great site and has a lovely community.

How did you get started?
I really couldn't say how I got started painting, as I can't remember a time when I didn't. The love of color, texture and art generally is just inate in me I think. I have had a couple of really fantastic art teachers though, who certainly nourished my love of the subject. I first started considering that I may be able to sell my work online at the suggestion of a friend - thanks Julie!

Where does the name of your shop come from?
My name is Angela so I was thinking of maybe having that involved in the shop title, also I have been told that my style is quite feminine and spiritual, so I thought "angel" would fit with both.

What would you most want people to know about your work?
All my work on Etsy at the moment is original art and each piece is unique. I am always happy to create a commissioned piece to your specifications. Painting gives me such satisfaction that in many ways it is reward in itself, but when someone likes my work enough to actually hand over their hard-earned money for it, it is such a thrill!

What words of advice do you have for other artists?
Have faith in yourself and your work - you are unique and only you can produce what you produce. Be proud and keep creating - I firmly believe that art, in whatever form, enriches your life and hopefully the lives of others too.

________________________
Take a look at Angela's paintings at her on-line shop.
While you are there come over and also visit with us -

No comments: