Thursday, December 3, 2009

FEATURED ARTIST

We have another artist who works in unusual medium for craft - soap, but never the less, craft it is. Come and meet




Here is our interview with the artist, Jackie -

Briefly describe what you make?

I handcraft soap, bath and beauty, and home fragrance products.

What product do you enjoy making the most?

I truly enjoy making my hand milled soap the best. I find the hand grating process to prepare the soap base to be therapeutic and I like fussing over the Crockpot the 4 hours it takes to cook the soap. It’s fun! It is also neat to add exotic ingredients like emu oil and pumpkin powder and watch them magically transform the soap.

How long have you been making bath and beauty products?

2 years now.

How did you get started?

I did a year’s worth of Internet research and joined soaping forums and read everything I could on making soap. I tried to learn about every aspect of soapmaking from the different ingredients to business legalities.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

Twice in the past I have partnered with another Virgo making business cards. I like the name and people know me by it and maybe in the future there will be another Virgo who will join me in this venture!

What would you most like people to know about your work?

I have done and still do a ton of research so my products can be the best they can be and be safe and enjoyable to use. My soaps and bath and beauty products are very high quality for the money! I am also greening up my line and am now using all natural glycerin soap bases in my glycerin soaps. My hand milled soaps are pure soap, no chemicals in them other than the colors I add and sometimes the fragrances.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

You are only limited by your imagination! If you love doing it and have determination, you will succeed!

________________________

Like puppies - come check out the puppy soaps - their for people, not puppies. Come take a look at Jackie's shop!

3 comments:

riorita said...

I can feel the fresh aroma of hand made soaps.

TheFrogBag said...

Great feature!

2 Virgos Designs said...

Thank you so much for featuring me and my little shop!