Sunday, July 20, 2008

Featured Artist

This artist is multi-talented and offers a variety of work in her shop!



Come meet Amberafternoon!

Briefly describe what you make?

I'm an Artist who creates Traditional Art, Art Jewelry, and Crafts. My true passion is creating Oil Paintings and Watercolor Paintings. I also enjoy doing Printmaking, which includes Lithography, Intaglio, and Relief Printmaking "Woodcuts." The Victorian age has always fascinated me and I have adopted the lost Art of Embroidery. I'm currently working with embroidery floss and ribbon to create Fiber Art pieces.


What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

Oils, Watercolors, and Ink. The Impressionists have been a big influence on my painting. German Expressionism has influenced my Printmaking. I try to push myself to work in various styles using different techniques. Sometimes it feels really uncomfortable. I have to step away from the finished piece for awhile, then look it over again later. The end result usually surprises even me. Some of my best work has been derived like this.


How long have you been creating craft?

I've been creating Traditional Art and Crafts for as long as I can remember. Some of my earliest memories involve creating.

How did you get started?

Mud puddles provided my first source of inspiration. I think that as soon as I could walk I was making mud paintings.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

I've always been inspired by the reflections of Autumn light streaming through windows. I like to play up Light in my paintings.


What would you most want people to know about your work?

It takes a long time to create! I usually add lots of intricate details to my work. I have so many different interests that I never run out of ideas or inspiration.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Do what you love.


___________________________

Come and see the great things in this SHOP!

And while you are at ETSY, please stop by at Q BRANCH LTD. and PAST PERFECT!

1 comment:

industrialpoppy said...

I love this interview-very fun and inspiring!