Sunday, June 15, 2008

Featured Artist

This artist has a shop with a funny name but she makes very nice greeting cards. Come and meet Steph from



Here is our interview with Steph!

Describe what you make?


I make greeting cards, mini albums, and decorated wood letters.

What mediums do you enjoy working in most?

All of my items share an element of paper. I love how so many designs exist as to match any mood or occasion. While I have dabbled in several things from pottery to knitting, I think I've found my niche.

How long have you been creating craft?

I've loved crafts since I was little. But my paper crafting as it is today started in 2002. It has been evolving since then.

How did you get started?

I was recently married, and wanted to start documenting and scrapbooking our pictures, so I began putting them together in a "glorified photo album" The fancy papers, dicut machine and embellishments eventually were added to the mix.

Where does the name of your shop come from?

I gave myself the screen name of "So-Cal-Mommy" when we lived in Southern California. When we moved, it didn't work any more, but I realized that quite often I do feel like a "So-Called-Mommy" as we all figure out our roles in our family here.

What would you most want people to know about your work?

That I enjoy doing it. I love creating things that make me smile, and that can make other people smile too.

What words of advice do you have for other artists?

Find your niche in what you love, but never stop learning about it. Learn new techniques (or create them yourself!) and continue evolving as an artist.

____________________________

Steph has some very nice things for you to see at her shop.


While you are visiting Steph come on over to PAST PERFECT and see our new selection of note cards - sold in sets of four. Each card with a striking photo. There is an assortment for women and one for men.

No comments: